Starting today, we will give you a tip about the art of Voice Over acting every Monday morning!
This is our first VO Tip!
This is a simple way to determine the difference between a simple “voice-over” and a “voice-acting” performance
A Voice-over performance meet one or more of the following:
1) It sounds like you a reading a script.
2) The objective is to “sell” something.
3) The content tends to be loaded with information and no emotional content.
4) The effect of the message is to create “listener tune-out”.
A Voice-Acting performance has ALL of the following characteristics:
1) A character is created and the performer created the feeling of a conversation.
2) The objective is to “tell a story” so the listener relates in an emotional level and to keep the listeners attention.
3) The message is emotional and has a focus.